- Installation of a new kitchen floor
- Painting of the kitchen - partial
- Plastering of the attic rooms
- A trip to New York - not affecting anything, but still worth a mention
- Installation of a downstairs toilet, and some bathroom tiles
- Partial installation of the kitchen - one wall's worth of units and worktop is now complete
- The activation of the fridge with an ad-hoc hall based kitchen emerging as a consequence
- The arrival of a housemate
The room we have used for the studio is too busy with other stuff, and may allow for too much disruption of the housemate and his girlfriend, who are watching TV downstairs, so the attic is the place to be.
I say attic, but it's the top floor of a 3 floor house, and these rooms are anything but dingy. It's nice to be up here. It's nice to be involved in the making of music, even if my role is more about facilitation, than actually expressing myself. I get to express myself on this screen, which is good enough for me.
I slept this morning until way later than I planned to, which has had the effect of clearing some of the fug in my brain. It's seems like not setting an alarm clock correctly is the mental equivalent of the opening of a window that we did in this attic room after we swept up, so we can breathe while we're up here. I can mentally breathe. I think my metaphor may have gotten out of control. So be it.
This weekend will help put a challenging week behind. Now, on with the music.